Our selection of emerging markets-focused commentary on markets, economics and international policy, updated throughout the week
- Emerging donors chip away at aid industrys status quo - Reuters- Rogue aid? On the importance of political institutions and natural resources for Chinas allocation of foreign aid - VoxEU- Where Are The Emerging Market Risk Bombs? - Zero Hedge- China: The paradox of prosperity - Economist- Fool in the Shower to Give Fed a Good Scalding: Caroline Baum - Bloomberg- Austerity and the markets: the perils of prudence - Economist- Davos Dispatch: Nobelist Spence on Next Convergence - Yahoo! Finance- Cooling China worries some multinationals - Reuters- Analysis: More, not less, oil this year despite Iran ban - Reuters
- Things are terrible. Whoopee! - Economist
- In Thailand, A Rare Peek At His Majesty's Balance Sheet - Forbes
- Nigeria: Power outage - FT- Davos 2012: The Rise of Regions in a G-Zero World The Atlantic- Billionaires Occupy Davos as 0.01% Bemoan Inequality Bloomberg- Come on China, Buy our stuff! NYT- Why Singapore Has the Cleanest Government Money Can Buy: View Bloomberg
- Indias year of living stagnantly Project Syndicate- Capital inflows, exchange-rate flexibility, and credit booms - Vox EU- The End of Cheap China. Part II. - China Law Blog- Hungary, Misunderstood? - NYT- China Financing Slowdown Reduces Systemic Risk, Moodys Says Bloomberg- Argentinas drought: counting the costs - FT- Going abroad: the world in their hands Economist- China's Foreign Aid: The Economist still doesn't get it China-Africa Real Story- In Defense of China's GDP data WSJ- Are China and India converging? Vox EU- Fatima Bhutto Blasts Imran Khan WSJ- Osbornes RMB deal is a major boost for the UK Grant Thornton- Guest post: social housing wont fix Chinas economy FTAnd finally...- Warren Buffett plays the ukulele on Chinese state TV's New Year's Eve gala show Shanghaiist
Russia’s eastward foray and energy deals with China, far from saving its economy, are revealing Vladimir Putin’s weak bargaining position.
Copyright © Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC 2010. All rights reserved.